Rosewater goes back years and years ago and it seems uncommon to use in beauty. I’m almost out of my Pixi Glow Tonic toner and I’ve gone back and forth trying to find something kind for my oily/combo skin. Coincidentally, I’ve most recently heard that rosewater can be used as a toner and so I was excited to have found a bottle at Winners. It also supposedly has great skin benefits for my hot mess of a skin so I was very eager to put the product to the test.
Rosewater is a gentle and natural ingredient with many skin-enhancing benefits. It’s the most fabulous of multi-taskers, as it helps to hydrate, refresh, soothe, and cleanse your skin. The best part? It’s super affordable! I snatched a bottle of this good stuff for only $13 at Winners.
After cleansing your face, spritz a bit of this amazingly deliciously rose scented water onto your face and let your skin absorb it for a few minutes. Asides from leaving your skin cool and refreshed, it:
- Cleans pores and tones the skin
- Brings back the pH balance into your skin and remove and control excess oil (say goodbye to clogged pores too!)
- Has anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce redness, get rid of acne, dermatitis and eczema.
- Helps hydrate revitalize and moisturize your skin, leaving a clean and refreshed look and sensation
- Aids in healing scars, cuts and wounds
- Has antioxidant properties that help strengthen skin cells and regenerate skin tissues
- Nourishes hair and revitalizes hair growth
- Treats mild scalp inflammation, and gets rid of dandruff
- Smells subtle but so delightful!
I have yet to use rose water in the other applications other than my face, but to see the multitude of ways it can benefit my overall body is astonishing. With oily and acne-prone skin, I experience a lot of skin troubles such as inflamed acne, scarring and oil build-up, so to see that rose water will help target and rectify some of these blemishes solidified my purchase. My first impression of the product is two major thumbs UP! I’ll continue to use the product for the next few days to observe any overall skin improvements, hoping that this will become part of my daily skincare routine.
Feel free to leave your impression in the comments below on rose water and if you have any product suggestions that I should try out!