This is the recipe for my most coveted banana bread. It was a recipe that I found, tested, and adapted to my own back when I was 17. I named it The Moist Delicious Banana Bread. That’s right, moist.
Banana bread is one of those treats that you can eat at any time of the day, as breakfast, an afternoon snack paired with a cup of tea, dessert after dinner or even a midnight snack. It freezes perfectly too so I always make two loaves, cut them into slices, saran wrap them individually and place them in a freezer ziploc in the freezer and pull a slice out whenever I need one.
Nothing beats butter, but if you’re looking for a healthier option, you can substitute an equal amount of coconut oil instead of butter.
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1½ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup mashed bananas (3-4 medium-sized bananas)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup vanilla yoghurt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg
- Chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Butter a loaf pan
- Mix butter and sugar until light in colour and fluffy in texture. Add eggs one at a time
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. Whisk to break lumps
- In another bowl, mix mashed bananas, vanilla extract, yoghurt, cinnamon and nutmeg
- Alternate dry ingredients and banana mixture to wet batter, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients
- If you’re adding chocolate chips (or even nuts!), toss them in and gently fold into batter
- Pour batter into loaf pan. Bake for 50 minutes, or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the loaf cool completely before devouring!